I just had to put this. It made the whole family oh so happy. Andy isn't a huge fan of cake. It's fine sometimes, it has to be super moist but mostly he just would go for a cookie any day of the week. So his birthday cake is usually an obligation. When we went out to eat for his birthday, they gave us a free cookie that was about 6 inches in diameter. That was my aha! moment. So I surprised him after I made him his birthday dinner and pulled this out of the oven afterwards. It was a 11" chocolate and peanut butter cookie. We gave him a chunk with a bit of ice cream and I don't know if I've ever seen him happier after a meal.
Emma has been fighting us on naps for months now. We try so hard to get her to go down during Jackson's second nap and when she doesn't, we have to fight to keep her awake until bedtime. There's been a few times that she throws us a curve ball by getting down from the table. There we will find her asleep on the floor. How can you be mad at this? It makes us laugh until we have to wake her up. Grumpy...
I have to close with a picture that made us laugh the whole day. Emma came up to me while I was getting dinner ready and said something about her bunny. I knelt down and asked her to say it again. "Bunny was bad. He's in time out." She was right.

3 comments:
That cookie looks really yummy. Love the bunny time out. Pretty soon she'll be putting Jackson in time out!
That cookie looks FANTASTIC, wish I was there to have had some!! I hope Andy fully appreciated the effort : ) Cute kids and yes, when they're that cute, you must post!!
Oh my goodness...that cookie-cake-thing is AMAZING!How did you do that? I love the pictures of your kids. We miss you all so much!!! Hope you're doing well and surviving the heat. Let us know when you're passing through Utah!
Post a Comment