Thursday, August 26, 2010

My friends Abby and Asher

When we went up to Idaho for the summer break, we hurried up right after Andy's last final. We were hoping to get more time with my sister and her family before they had to go to Utah for another family reunion. We don't see them often and Emma adores Abby. Our time overlapped a little over a day. Because we were talking as much as possible, there weren't any pictures from that. Luckily, things were pretty hectic in Utah so Sheree brought Abby and Asher back to spend a little more time with all of the family. Emma couldn't have been happier. I'll admit, I was pretty excited as well. When they came, Grandma and I took them out to the garden to play in the dirt. Don't let Emma fool you. I think this is the only time she played in the dirt and it is because I dressed her in clothes that I told her to get dirty. Jackson, on the other hand, is more than obliging on getting dirty. Inside and out. Can't keep that kid from putting everything in his mouth including the dirt.
Right after playing in the dirt, they all wanted to try out the slide and pool to clean up in. Of course, they just stripped down there to enjoy themselves. There was a lot of shoving but a lot of games that they incorporated into the whole arrangement. Go down the slide, into the pool, run through the sprinkler, sit on the bench and then come back. Asher took it one step further as his last accomplishment each time was to find Emma and hit her on the head. I don't know what it is about those two but they seek each other out. Maybe it's the age. Maybe it is because they feel threatened. Maybe it will get better. Maybe?
We thought it was hilarious that Asher's diaper could get so big. It hung down between his knees and bobbed behind him as he ran. It didn't seem to bother him and it didn't slow him down. What I would give to be a kid again and be comfortable no matter what.

It was fun and Emma still asks everyday where her friends Abby and Asher are.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Cute, cute!! I have 2 more bags of clothes, do you want them? One would be for Emma and the other Jackson. I can get them to your dad or just DI them?

Brittany said...

What great fun the kids were having in Idaho! I love the pictures :)