Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Emma's birthday and swimming

For Emma's birthday, clear back in July, we took the kids and my parents to the new swimming pool in Rexburg. It was ridiculous how many people were there. They had just closed one of the slides because it was broken. I'm glad I wasn't there when it broke. The other one had been closed when they opened because it was too fast and people were shooting into the wall on the other side of the pool. Sounds horrific and funny at the same time. The stuff that cartoons are made of. What does this mean? All of the teenagers that would have been going down the slides were goofing around on the lazy river and being aggressive with little kids right next to them. What you have to remember is that we are in Idaho and even though it was in the end of July, it was pretty chilly when you got wet and got out of the water. Basically they didn't want to be in the water when they were floating they would avoid all falling water. I had to stay out to warm up the kids periodically. We would switch off kids when they started turning blue. It was fun, though. Definitely an experience.


1 comment:

Dandi said...

Wow, I have a rule for myself, it has to be at least 100 degrees outside before we'll even get in the water. You're very brave!