Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pregnancy


Oh, boy howdy. I struggle with pregnancy. I am not one of those people that are ok after the third month and I'm definitely not the one that feels great during the whole thing. I want to kick them in the shins when they say that. Or the people that say that pregnant women have a glow about them. Is it sweat from misery? I don't know. This is the only picture I have of the whole thing. I was 5 months along and that is my great grandmother. That woman is feisty at the age of 96. Please don't let me live that long.

Anyway, I was on restricted activity in about August. Each trip to the doctor put me on more restricted activity. What does that even mean? I had 2 kids 4 and under, Emma in preschool and I worked a couple times a week. I blacked out every time I stood up, black spots in my vision, bad headaches.

In October, I kept having contractions that I had to desperately stop. They kept getting worse and worse, even when they put me on bedrest. If I walked to the kitchen or to the bathroom, there they were. I am so lucky to have my mother to take care of us. We wouldn't have had such a healthy baby if it wasn't for her. I went to the hospital the first week in November so they could stop them because they gave me an oral medicine and it didn't work. After a few hours with more of that medicine to try to stop it, they gave me morphine that made them lessen but they didn't go away. They sent me home but at least they got me to sleep that night. That was really nice. We were told we would have to go the other hospital next time because they couldn't help me there before 36 weeks and I was at 35. Two days later, we went to the other hospital to help us again. Same thing. They told me to go to the doctor in the morning because they could only get the contractions to lessen.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Yeah it really stinks that you have such hard pregnancies - I guess I'm one you want to kick, I've been my healthiest during pregnancy - I don't mind it at all! Glad you have a cute, healthy baby :)

Candice said...

I'm sorry to hear pregnancies are so tough for you. At least you get really cute kids for all the trouble you go through!